Genesus is a Global Genetic Company. Agro Eco is a producer in Russia. The results below are from Genesus Duroc bred to Genesus Yorkshire/Landrace F-1’s. The farm is 2,700 sows farrow to finish on one site.
Agro Eco is getting excellent results, a testament to their expertise of their swine production team and Genesus.
|Average age at first mating||230||days|
|Backfat of replacement gilts at mating||0.63 – 0.71||In.|
|Total born per litter||16.97||Piglets|
|Live born per litter||14.92||Piglets|
|Born alive per litter for 1st parity||13.51||Piglets|
|Replacement % per year||52||%|
|Replacement gilts coming on heat||95||%|
|Mortality at farrowing||9||%|
|Weaned per sow/per year||33.35||Piglets|
|Average weaning age||23||days|
|Average weaning weight||15.9||lb.|
|Nursery + finisher mortality||4.6||%|
|Average slaughter weight||289||lb.|
|Average slaughter age||180||days|
|Whole Herd FCE (Including Sow Feed)||2.75||lb.|
|Space per Pig Nursery||2.7||sq. ft|
|Space per Pig Finisher||6.46||sq. ft|
|Sold lb./sq. ft at finisher (net area)||1345||lb.|
|Sold lb./sq. ft Nursery and Finisher||1113||lb.|
|Weight sold/per sow/per year||9186||lb.|
- Gilts averaged 230 days and 320 lb. at the time of first mating.
- Average born alive from gilt litters is 13.51
- Average liveborn per litter is now 14.92 and
- Piglet mortality is 9%
- A total of 33.35 piglets weaned per sow per year.
- Average weaning weight for the 13.57 weaned per sow farrowed is 15.9 lb. at 23 days.
- Litters per sow per year is 2.457 giving a 148.5 day average sow cycle time. With the 23 day weaning and 6 days wean to mating this means an excellent 4.5 empty days per cycle.
- Due to the higher than expected breeding performance, both nursery and finisher are tightly stocked with space per pig of 2.7 sq. ft in Nursery and 6.46 sq. ft in Finisher. Even at these very tight stocking rates growth rates are good.
- Pigs reach 289 lb. liveweight at 180 days from birth.
- Wean to finish mortality is 4.6% and pigs show very few signs of vice.
- Whole herd feed conversion rate, including sow feed is 2.75
This post was written by Genesus