Genesus is pleased to announce that Dan Sutherland is joining our team as Director of Pork Supply Chain Development.
Dan joins Genesus following a thirty-five-year career as Director of Procurement with Johnsonville Sausage during which time he was responsible for the following:
Purchase of World’s largest Sow Harvest
• Hide and Rendering Sales
• Outside Contact with Industry Related Groups
• Fresh Meat Purchase and all Value-Added Sales
• Plant Management for Harvest Plant
• Strategy Team Member
• Procuring 2 Harvest/Processing facilities to accommodate growth
• Managing Co-Pack function to accommodate growth
• Researching and making Recommendations on Foreign Growth in 4 Continents
• While at Johnsonville Dan served as President of NPPC’S Packer Producer Industry Council
We know that Dan’s extensive experience and knowledge gained at Johnsonville Sausage, an innovative record-breaking branding organization, will bring valued skills and resources to Genesus as we continue on our focus to produce breeding stock at a competitive cost of production that provides pork with the best taste, flavor and eating experience for consumers.
This post was written by Genesus