MiratorgLast week we had the opportunity to visit with the Miratorg Company, the largest swine producer in Russia and a Genesus Customer.
It is mind boggling what can be accomplished in less than a decade. Miratorg, seeing the opportunity to supply protein to meat deficient Russia, embarked on a mission to supply and produce meat on a large scale.
- Miratorg has 126, 000 sows (largest in Russia), new slaughtering and processing facility, distribution and retail marketing.
- Miratorg has the world’s largest Aberdeen Angus herd with a breeding stock herd of 110,000.
- Miratorg has an integrated Chicken operation with breeders, broiler farms, hatchery and processing plant.
- Miratorg is the largest feed producer in Russia. Total production capacity when the new fourth mill comes on line will be 1.46 million tons per year.
- Miratorg is currently cropping and grazing about 600,000 acres.
Miratorg has a model to supply Pork, Beef and Chicken. A one stop supplier. A very ambitious and costly undertaking with investments of over 3 billion USD.
Miratorg people have scoured the world to find the best technology to build a world competitive company. Genesus appreciates that we have been chosen to supply swine genetics.
Categorised in: Press Releases
This post was written by Genesus